Monday, December 5, 2011

Ciao Ciao Servistas!

Today is my last day at the Center for Urban Connections. Its been a positive, growing experience for almost two years. As the main blogger for the office, the blog has been one of my main responsibilities and its been great to expand my writing style and understand true blog speak.

Fear brings out the unknown in everyone and because it is so unexpected  the overall nervous feelings that you have, can make you not want to take the risk. From not being afraid of stepping out, I have seen that  change, brings happiness and it allows you to have  become your own explorer in life.

Its been a great experience writing for the blog and finding out more articles about community engagement and volunteering that are interesting to me and other Metro State students.

My hope is that with every blog, you can think about ways to change your thoughts of engaging with the community and especially change that which can open your eyes. Volunteering has helped me as a person understand my passions, and its essentially part of why I worked at the Center for Urban Connections.

I leave you all with two quotes,


Keep constantly in mind in how many things you yourself have witnessed changes already. The universe is change, life is understanding. - Marcus Aurelius 

Life's most urgent question is.... what are you doing for others? - Martin Luther King Jr. 



No comments:

Post a Comment