Monday, July 19, 2010

Does Honey Heal Wounds and What is Going on With Honeybees These Days?


Hi folks!

I found an article/video blog on NPR about honey bee extinction, beekeeping and how every individual on this earth needs honey bees to survive. A couple years ago, I wrote a paper for my ENG 1020 class about bees. No one is my class or even me knew about the power that bees play in our environment. I did this paper to help me understand honey bees and tell friends, family and co-workers so that everyone could be informed, to take action. I came across this article and was happy to see that this issue was on the NPR website. I know this has been in the news and such, but I am always interested on the latest news about these bees. When reading this article, please keep an open mind. A lot of people believe that bees only want to sting you when really it is much more than that. Bees can heal wounds, pollenate vegetables and fruits, how farmers need honey bees, as well as honey can be substituted sugar for baking purposes ( I learned this about an hour ago, cool!). To learn more about this article and watch neat videos about bees, please copy paste this link.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=128574280


Have a great, cloudy day!

Rachelle
Student Staff
Center for Urban Connections


No comments:

Post a Comment